Gastroenterology Community
At times my daughter belches and it smells like feces

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Off and on for the past several years my almost 17 year old daughter has been suffering with this problem. Lately it has been getting more frequent and this last incident she experienced terrible cramping and foul vomiting. When she was 4 years old she had intestinal surgery in Europe, where they thought that her intestines were in a knot, but they were not. She had her appendix removed during this procedure and a small portion of her intestines. Other than this she has had no other problems concerning her bowels. She tries to hide it, but the smell is terrible!
Help
Concerned Mom
its very embarasing but i too am suffering from this. its started about a year or two ago, and until recently it hasnt been as frequent but now it seems to be constant. every time i burp i can smell feces, and the other day i had a \very small unoticable burp in a public area and almost immediatly a woman across from where i sat got up in disgust complaining of someone passing gas< until this i thought no one else except myself could notice. if you find anything out please let me know what you find out. anything would help me thank you so much.
i haven't been on the forum in quite some time, but after the last incident with my daughter I took her to the doctor and they did a stomach x-ray where they found out that she had a partial blockage. What they suggested was that she be put on a type of laxative/ colon cleanse. I helped tremendously, although it has not completely gone away.
The same thing happened to my daughter after a parasite paralysed her stomach nerves and disables her ability to digest her food properly. Sooo the smell was actually food that was spoiled every 48 hours- some went down with the force of gravity but she could be in another room and burp and we could still smell it and she usually would follow that with throwing up her food that evening.
She went through this for 6 months and had a gastic pacemaker placed and it has been a miracle! She still has alot of healing to do to get her insulin normal and thyroid functions back in order but no more daily stomach attacks, vomiting and gross stinking burps, bloating and gasteoparesis! If you are looking for a surgeon go to the www.medtronic.com and they will direct you to a suregeon. They are the maker of the Pacemaker device.
We went to Shands Hosp. in Gainsville Florida and Dr. Islam who is one of the only pediatric surgeons around performed my daughters procedure- she is only 10 years old and one of the youngest in the world to have it done. Dont give up on your gastro issues and everyone DEMAND a fecal test for H PYLORI! It is so common and causes all of these symptoms and can cause stomach cancer! Thank God we caught it in time- but it was a HORRIBLE 6 month battle and cause severe damage!