Back pain, hurts to eat
Hi, about 3 years ago I began to sometimes have very sharp pains in my middle back. It would wake me up in the middle of the night. Burping made it feel a bit better, but then my throat would burn from acid. Over-the-counter antacids and antigas medicines did very little to help. I improved my diet and started exercising more & only had issues when I'd eat junk food (rarely) or was very stressed out.

I am in my mid 20s, have always been very thin and have a small appetite. I probably don't drink enough water, but I try to. I only drink a glass of wine maybe 3 times a week, max.

However, even now that I am eating very healthy & working out regularly, it has come back. I am having pain in my back worse than ever. It feels like a sharp, stabbing pain in my middle back whenever I swallow something.  Again, OTC meds do little to help. Chammomile tea helps ease the pain a bit.  My stomach actually feels okay.

Any ideas what this could be? Is it just bad acid reflux and/or gas? Would a doctor even take this seriously? I don't want to waste my time/money....
im having the same problems, and they have not been able to find the problem, I do however, have servere GERD, so you should try to stay on a strick GERD diet and strong acid reducers daily, and NO alcohol, (i no it's awful, but necessary).  my pain is more on my right side than in the middle. and my stomach hurts when i eat as well now.  i keep losing weight, thats my new symptom.  so look out for that one coming, i havent been able to eat anything but crackers and bland soup for going on 5 month now.  Good luck, and keep me posted.
^ Thanks for your comments...I went to the doctor and I do have GERD. The back pain is caused by my esophagus being inflamed & raw, which is also why it hurts to swallow food. My stomach actually feels okay.
The doc gave me a medicine to help coat my esophagus & tummy before I eat  to ease my current symptoms, and I also will have to take an acid reducer regularly.
I'm thinking it is not as severe as yours, as it's been over a year since I have has a flare up like this. It seems to be brought on by stress for me.
I'm also cutting back on my coffee intake and increasing herbal teas like ginger & chamomile to help digestion.

BTW....obviously I am no expert, but I've heard that rapid weight loss + stomach pains can be due to parasites. Is that something your doctor has considered?

I do not have weight loss as a symptom, and that doesn't sound normal for GERD. Unless of course, it is due to  your new, restricted diet....