Gastroenterology Community
Back pain and abdominal pain with loose bowel movements

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have severe middle back pain and abdominal pain when having bowel movements, which I cannot hold and have had accidents. My bowel movements have been loose and with mucus for over two years now. When I lay down for the night my back pain and abdominal pain gets worse and when I wake up it takes me about an hour for back pain to subside. I cannot stand for more than fifteen minute intervals during the day because of the back pain I experience in the middle of my back right on the spine. Because I am on medicaid, the doctors I have been allowed to see do not take my pain as serious and have given me different reasons: colitis (it was not specified which I may have?), stenosis, and herniated disc. I was given muscle relaxers which do not help my pain at all, but knock me out completely. I was given bentyl also which does not help the pain out either. I take naproxen but most times, it only elevates the pain somewhat. I am afraid to eat, have lost about 45 lbs in the last two years, another ten within this month, I'm now 115 1bs and 5'6''. I'm tired all the time from lack of nutrition. I'm sick of going to the doctors and they try to give me anti-depressants or anti-anxiety pills when the reason I am feeling this way is because of the pain, not because of stresses of everyday life! Does anybody have any suggestions or could give me some words of wisom with my situation?