Gastroenterology Community
Barretts Esophagus

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Barretts Esophagus

I was diagnosed with Gerd and Barretts disease a year ago. I have been on Nexim, 40mg, twice a day and it isn't helping. I can no longer afford it either. My pharmacist suggested one Prevacid and 2 Prilosec a day to help. I still have sore throats, feeling as though there is a lump of bread stuck in my throat, and a general ill feeling all the time. I have raised my bed up 6 inches, use a good pillow, have eliminated fats and sugar from my diet ( I have lost 27 pounds because of this disease) and I just don't understand why I still feel so awful! It's causing a lot of depression and anxiety for me. Any suggestions on what else I can do or why I still feel so awful? Any help would be very much appreciated!
Also, is this a message board for fellow Barretts sufferers?  I need to talk to people that can relate to how I am feeling. It's just not registering to people who don't suffer from it. The weird part of all of this is I RARELY get heartburn but a lot of stomach aches. Thanks for listening and for any help.

This discussion is related to Getting Off PPI's (proton pump inhibitors)  - Survey.
I have the same but I underwent surgery. My problem was due to pyloric valve stop working. the acid built up in my stomach and went into esphagus.
Ask the doctor about possibility of surgery