Gastroenterology Community
Binge Eating Disorder & stomach issues, also how long does it take ...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Binge Eating Disorder & stomach issues, also how long does it take to heal an ulcer?

Background:  I got dx'd with a large ulcer in this past week but I also have Binge Eating Disorder.  I think my BED has been caused, like my ulcer from stress eating and from having a constant pain in my stomach for literally decades.  I couldn't have had an ulcer for years though.  

I find that right now, I'm drinking kefir & aloe stomach formula, as well as taking dexilant.  I don't really feel dexilant does as much good as kefir and aloe stomach formula to heal my ulcer.

So, my question is, can Binge Eating Disorder be caused by constant pain in the stomach?  And can this go on for years, decades?  I don't actually feel hungry, I'm doing aloe/kefir for the pain in stomach and I'm not overeating like I used to.

2nd question - how long does an ulcer take to heal?  I'm doing a lot better than last week.  Last week I was throwing up several times a day.  What is the average time for healing an ulcer?
Update:  went to the GI dr, I have constant gastritis as well as an ulcer!  This may explain why I've had Binge Eating Disorder all these years, eating to help my pain!  Wow.  I don't think I actually have BED!

All very interesting.  I am finding that I'm no longer as "hungry" as I used to be since I'm treating the actual SYMPTOM of what is wrong with me as opposed to just eating to help my symptoms!

What a relief.

Ulcer is better but not out of the woods.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...