Gastroenterology Community
Binge Eating Disorder

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Binge Eating Disorder

What kind of physical consequences are there to binge eating.  I had this for years, overeating really fast and way too much.  In the recent past I got on a medication and stopped.  But now I have bad acid reflux, what feels like a tear in my intestines and an ulcer in my stomach and a gallbladder that is going downhill.    I never knew what it meant to be full because I would alot of times eat past that.  If I eat too much now, it feels like a lot of times when I drink water it trickles outside of the esophagus or stomach, when I reach that point I start to get really dizzy sometimes out of breath and usually ends with a headache.   Is this possible to have your tissue do this?  I also have heavy  leg pain due to this, I think. Feels like there is a pouch that leans on nerves or whatever in colon/ instestines area a lot of times.   Can body develop tissue leaks or weird organ adjustments to accomodate  a binge disorder?   I haven't had a stomach ache forever.  
A lot of times when I walk or type on a keyboard or play videogames it jogs up the reflux and agitates my problems and gets me dizzy.   Can your body develop pouches or abnormal organ extensions or tears to accomodate your binges?
Going for a period of time without food followed by a big binge results in big swings in blood sugar, which can cause dizziness.  You already know this method of eating isn't good for you, so do you have any kind of a plan to adopt better eating habits?  If you truly feel like it's going to be impossible to change on your own, please consider seeing a psychologist who specializes in eating disorders.  And NO!  You AREN'T crazy!  :-)

I was seriously skeptical about mental therapy for my chronic pain.  The results were a great, splendid surprise.  Of course, a great deal depends on how well you click with the therapist.  At least think about it.  Therapy can't hurt, and it just might help.
I stopped the binge's about a year ago.  
Just wondering if body internally can develop these pouches or abnormal organ distentions that last for a time a cause problems, even when you have stopepd the bad habits?