Bladder infection after colonoscopy
I had a routine colonoscopy (no polyps, one small diverticula), age 55.  Three days later I developed symptoms of a bladder infection.  Thought I'd try to treat it with cranberry juice and OTC Uristat (analgesic).  Three days later it was clear I needed antibiotics.  Before the meds kicked in I experienced excruciating intermittent pain in my right kidney. By morning the pain was gone, but after breakfast I vomited.  I figure that the bladder infection has something to do with the dehydrating effects of the preparation for the colonoscopy, but what about the kidney pain.  BTW.  In December I also had the pain in the kidney area, and had a CT Scan that was negative for kidney stones.  I'm thinking that I probably should see a urologist, even with a scan that was negative for tumors and stones.
I think that seeing a Urologist is a good idea and a second opinion is sometimes what's needed. Best wishes.
I am 37 and have  also experienced a bladder infection.
I called Ashtead hospital and spoke with the nurse that was present at the procedure to ask if this was a typical side effect.
The surgeon was not available to talk that evening.
The nurse said the two were completely unrelated and purely coincidental.
I asked if the laxative could've triggered off the infection and she said it was unlikely.
I went away scratching my head feeling quite confused by it all.
Reading this & researching this on the internet has put my mind at rest a little, so thank you for your post.
Just days after my colonoscopy I experienced pain in my groin area but attributed it to my IBSC. After a dozen trips to emergency rooms, urologists, small local clinics, over a period of 10 months, they all determined that I had no bladder infection when in fact I did!!  At the advice of a retired doctor, I begged my urologist to perform a "culture" on my urine sample, and behold, a double bladder infection! Such terrible pain for 10 months was finally relieved.