Gastroenterology Community
Bleeding Every Bowel Movement

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bleeding Every Bowel Movement

I am a 32 year old woman with two children, the youngest of which is 3 years old.  I know that I have an external hemmorhoid.  I have had one for years and it used to bleed occasionally when I had a hard bowel movement.  For about the last two weeks I have experienced pain and bleeding with every bowel movement.  Sometimes both are minor and sometimes they are worse.  For instance, there are times that I have pain in my rectum for several minutes after the bowel movement.  The pain is always on the same side.  I often bleed enough that there are drops of blood in the toilet.  Could all this be caused by the hemmorhoid?
Tags: bowel
Yes, you could have internal hemmorhoids or an anal fissure, which is a tear or crack inside your rectum.
I have the same problem and have it since before I ever had kids,,I bleed so bad sometimes that the toilet is full with blood.  Try using hemmroidal supposatories they shrink the hemm and work really well and when you  do use the bathroom put  a glob og vasoline in your rectum for ease and comfort.  I know thats a little gross and graphic but works really well.
I am 23 and have 3 children and my youngest one is 5 months old and ever since i had him i have been having the same exact problem everytime i have a bowel movement the toilet is full of blood and not always but most of the time on one side of the rectum as im having a bowel it feels like its tearing so i think i have a hemmeroid but not sure and i have no insurance to go to the dr so i just deal with it!
Please post your question as a separate post because this post is so old.  Thanks!