Gastroenterology Community
Bloating, gassy and white objects in stool...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hi!  I am a 26/m very active and athletic, im 175lbs and 6' tall.  Im just going to jump into my symptoms.  I have a constant feeling of bloating or fullness in my lower abdomen and SOME pain if i press on it but its like the pain you get when you press on a gassy tummy, especially after eating food or the following day after i have had a drink the night before.  I belch and fart a lot after meals and throughout the day.  I went to a GI specialist a few months ago and he said i definitely have an acid problem and told me to get on prilosec.  Well about 2 weeks ago i went to immediate care because i was concerned about my stomache and my GP was closed.  She felt around my tummy and felt no swelling, i told her i just feel full after meals and burp/fart a lot, she said to double to dose of my prilosec to prescription levels (two tabs of the OTC stuff).  It helped it seemed for maybe a week or so but now i feel its back, and recently within the last week i guess i have noticed white, pea sized chunks in my stool.  Just speckled throughout, sometimes they are more flakey looking.    The symptoms i am NOT experience are nausea, vomiting, diarhea (diarrhea) (although the last two stools i have had have been softer),   weakness or fatigue, weight loss or weight gain no blood in my stool and no fever.  Just the bloated full feeling and sometimes acidic feeling and the white pieces in my stool.  Sometimes there are more white objects sometimes less, sometimes more faded.  My stool is in itself not white, just pieces of things in it.    After hours of research i have come up with these things, i either have some sort of parasite although the pieces don't resemble eggs but im no expert, candida/yeast growth (my wife has had a yeast infection and i have never went to get checked)  the other two things that keep popping up in my research are  ulcerative coilitis and crohns disease.  What is it likely that i have?
OH, i also wanted to add that i have not eaten anything in the last few weeks that should be coming through my tract into my stool that would resemble white objects.  String cheese is the only item that i have ate that is really white.  Oh, and to add to my list of things i have researched that MAY apply to me is IBS.
More people like you need to research their ailments. Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, reports that there are 25 digestive disorders, and many have similar symptoms. Ulceratis Colitis and Crohn's disease are good choices and could be what you have. Prilosec, 10-gm x 2, is good to keep your stomach in check. I have GERD, and I take Prilosec, 20-mg, once a day. I know that guys whose wifes or girl friends have Human Papilloma Virus(HPV)can contract the virus from sexual relations. You should confirm whether your regular doctor  thinks you can get your wife's yeast infection. Your liver makes bile and it is stored in the gallbladder. The gallbladder empties bile into the digestive tract to assist with digestion.  Bile has been reported in colors of light brown, green, white, and more frequently, yellow. The white substances in your bowels could be white bile. Parasitic infections in the US are rare, unless you have lived in or visited foreign countries. For your information, Tulane University in New Orleans has a department of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, only a few other states has such a center. Louisiana also has the only U S Public Health Hospital for leprosy. You are on on the right tract in researching your stomach problems. There is a federal website that lists, explains, provides symptoms of digestive disorders and diseases from A to Z.  Read as much data as you can about all the information you need on digestion problems so you can tell a Gastroenterologist about what you think is causing your stomach upsets:  http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov.

Good luck.

Harrald
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend talking to your GP about seeing a GI doctor about your problems.  They are experts in problems like yours and will be able to help you figure out what is going on.  Good luck.
Thanks harrald!!  I do try and research things before i just show up at a doctors office but i also try not to intrude on his expertise.  I am pretty sure i already ahve HPV since i had warts (which have now disappeared) all over my hands.  As far as bile goes, i had "read" that "white bile" is actually a misnomer but, in fact, is clear.  Correct me if i am wrong PLEASE!!  As far as a parasite goes i actually HAVE visited a foreign country, in January i returned from a 2 week trip to South Africa.  But from the info i read about parasites i should be able to see movement in the stool, have an intensely itchy rectum (its only itchy sometimes which i believe is due to hemoroids) and, if a parasite, the white things should look more like grains of rice.  And just to clarify, my stool is not white, by any means, it is a medium brown but with random white pea-size chunks in varying quantities depending on the stool.  At any rate, thanks for you help and if you have any more words of wisdom let me know, i will be making a GI appt. asap.  I am just paranoid its cancer or cirrhosis or something!  
Hmm, after even more research a lot of my symptom seem to be inline with gluten intolerance as well.  Does anyone have any experience in this?
With gluten intolerance (celiac disease) there is usually no white specks in the stool.  However, there is an easy blood test that is usually accurate for this.  Have you made an appointment with a GI doctor?  Just going off gluten to see if it helps is not as easy as it sounds.  You need to do it for 2 full months before you can conclude it didn't help.  Also, you have to do it perfectly to know if it is the problem or not, meaning you can't have any gluten at all (not even a bite).  You can't eat out at restaurants because there is always hidden gluten.  You can't eat things like soy sauce.  If you are concerned about this I would recommend talking to your doctor.
This is exactly what I am experiencing. In Nov I went backpacking with my dog to the smoky mountains. He ended up getting a tapeworm I presume from there. In mid december I had like 10 days of diahreah. It went back to normal. My butt itches from time to time but I think its a hemorhoid? About a Month ago I noticed having small white objects in my poop. Like the color of pasta or "skin" they are irrefegular in shape or sometimes only stick out a little. Small about the size of idk a little larger than coffee grounds? but smaller than like a pea. They sometimes are round sometimes not. I feel bloated and full and sometimes have weird stomach aches or an acidic feeling. I have changed my diet and not noticed anything. It hurts when I poop and sometimes itches. I sometimes use preparation H. sometimes there is a mucousy blood. I had a stool test done and they said it came back normal no parasites or organisms. I went to a GI dr and he said no symptoms match anything but that i could have a bacteria of Clostridium difficile. so he put me on metronidazole antibiotic for 5 days. and i have to go back in a week for a flexible sigmoidoscopy exam. what scares me is that the objects sort of look like my dogs tapeworm except they dont move. they are usually there sometimes more than others. Something is not right except i have no idea what is wrong and so far neither does he. he said hes only heard of a tapeworm once in 20 years and was quick to dismiss that as an idea. i just have no clue what is wrong, but clearly it's not normal.. do any of you have resolutions to your issues?
sorry i wrote wrong in the last post... the GI doctor thought i had giardia... and the more i look it sounds about right. and possibly the white things i am seeing are the cysts?
Just to say I've noticed EXACTLY the same symptoms in myself recently. I had the same stomach things as you describe, and also the white bits in my stool, speckled through and kind of embedded in there. Did you ever find out what you had? I've got no idea. Thanks a lot
So what ended up happening to me was that I went backpacking and got giardia. But I didn't know until months later. Coincidentally at right about the same time I started taking a new vitamin... My GI issues were due to the giardia, and after that, I realized that the white specks in my poop were simply just the new vitamins I was taking. Hope this helps, it took me 6 months to figure this out.
Did you ever figure out what this was? I have something similar.