Bloating After Bowel Movement
The title says it all. After I have a bowel movement my stomach swells up and is hard as a rock. I am 33, male with celiac. I try as hard as I can to never consume any gluten, so I'm ruling out gluten being the cause. Went to the GI and  all he told me to do was drink more water and add more fiber to my diet. I've done both, but still get the bloating after a BM. I take a gas-x type pill and it usually gets better, but I'm sure its not good to take those things almost every day.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas??
Hi, in general, too much fat or sugar-like substances and insufficient fiber aggravate symptoms of bloating. Intolerance to milk products is also known with bloating. The increased bloating could also occur due to functional disorders of the colon. It could also be due to malabsorption syndromes. Try to include yogurt in your diet as it is a probiotic which replaces lactobacillus acidophilus (good bacteria) that helps with digestion. If this does not help you can discuss with your doctor about the above mentioned disorders. Regards.