Gastroenterology Community
Bloating Feeling/Thin Poop

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bloating Feeling/Thin Poop

For a month now I have been having these bowel movements where the poop is soft but it comes out relatively thin.  Also I have been  having this bloating feeling in my stomach for the past 3 weeks, this comes and goes and some days I actually feel 100% fine.  

In between the thin bowel movements there are occasional ones that come out quite watery and almost diarreah (diarrhea) consistency.  

About a year ago I was diagnosed with IBS for other stomach sympoms as well.

Now reading into things and the internet being a vast space of information these symptoms always bring up the possibility of colon cancer and other serious issues.

Through this entire time I have never had any pains or cramping to go along with it.  

I am 32 years old, do these symptoms lean towards this issue being something like colon cancer?  Or am I just being the typical hypo that I know I am?
It sounds as though you may have done some irreversible nerve damage to your gastrointestinal tract, either through diet or ritualistic behavior (i.e forcing yourself to move your bowels, or ignoring bowel movements). i say this because the fact that your symptoms come and go, and the fact that some days you feel "fine", indiciate it probably is not a physical illness (i.e cancer). Anxiety disorders and nerve damage often go hand in hand, so if you've ever suffered from GAD, the likelyhood is even higher.

I'd have you doctor order some tests; blood work and perhaps even a barium enima.

If your tests come back normal, you probably do not have a physical illness.

Many people with the functional disorder IBS are actually misdiagnosed, and frankly, if your symptoms are severe, you're probably one of them. Modern medicine is teaching us to explore the possiblity of irreversible gastrointestial nerve damage; Something we've been reluctant to do because prognosis for sufferers is "very poor".

You may not think so, but if you do indeed suffer from such damage, you will go from bad to worse very rapidly. There is no cure or fix for such damage, and you life will undoubtedly become altered immensely, but there are ways to manage such damage.