Bloating and change in bowel habits
Hi, I am 17, male, and about two weeks ago I experienced blood when wiping after going to the toilet. At the time I assumed I had popped a blood vessel or something that wasn't of major concern. A couple of days later I noticed that my anus was quite sore and the pain escalated throughout the day. When I got home I applied hemorrhoid cream as I believed I had a minor case of piles. The pain went away after about two days, although I did pass blood on my stool again a couple of days after. Since then, however, I have been experiencing a change in bowel movements, I have a bloated feeling in my abdomen, almost like trapped wind. I have also noticed that my stool has become harder to pass and more mucus-y. The mucus is minimal, but still noticeable in the stool. I have not noticed any blood in my stool since the initial bout. I would not be concerned by this usually, but someone I know was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer. Thanks.
It sounds like constipation and that can cause hemorrhoids which can bleed. When you're constipated you can also have mucus in the stool. Have you had any diet changes lately, are you drinking enough water? Try drinking more water and taking in more fiber. If things don't get better very soon do get in to see your Dr to be checked out. I highly doubt this is anything more than constipation but it's always best to see your Dr when ever you have any changes with your body.
Thanks for your response.

Now that you mention it, I have not been eating too well recently, instead having a lot of fast-foods instead of proper meals. I will take your advice and see what the outcome is.