Aa
A
A
Close
Blood In Stool?
Hi Everybody,

I am 30 year old woman and I did started a new low carb diet if that has anything to do with it or helps out in anyway.  The other day when I went number 2 a little bit of the stool was a mucus like texture with very little light red in it.  This morning I had to go number 2 really bad but I could not get in the bathroom right away because it was already preoccupied. So I ended up holding for a short amount of time.  When I got in there it kinda hurt at first to go and there was a lot of stool. When I wiped there was a deeper color of red blood on the tissue.  The second time I wiped there was no blood on the tissue at all.  When I looked into the bowl in some areas of my stool there were little spots of blood (Maybe like 3 or 4 small spots of blood).  All of this is really makes me worry. Are these two related? Is The Second Incident This morning  From Me Holding It In For A  Short Amount Of Time? What Could This Be?  Could It Be Cancer Related?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  A low-carb diet can cause constipation (because you have less fiber in your diet) which can lead to problems like hemorrhoids which can cause bleeding.  I would recommend that you see your doctor about this to get it checked out.  I do not think that this is cancer related, but you should still get it checked out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources