Gastroenterology Community
Blood In Stool?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Blood In Stool?

For the past few years i have had blood in my stool. I thought it was hemorroids (hemorrhoids) ,however there is no blood or pain in my rectal area. THere is only pressure followed by the urge to have a bowel movement only to go, and there not be any, but only a toilet bowl full of blood. It happened for 3 years back to back, iwas told by the doctor it was nothing , due to the fact they did a stool test and it was no blood in there and there wasn't any blood on the toilet tissue or any of that . it stopped last year, and now it is back full force. THere is blood ,on the tissue and in the toilet bowl. A doctor told me to change my eating habbits, but that was not it . The blood is very dark in color , and now it's beginning to clot. I just need some answers, and i have an appt. in May but i really need to know exactly what to tell ehr and look forward to hearing. Any help would be useful, Thank you (And i am 18 years old by  the way)
HELLO, SORRY YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THIS. AFTER READING YOUR POST I AM SURPRISED TO SEE YOU HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN YOU WERE ONLY 14YRS OLD. DID YOUR PARENTS TAKE YOU TO THE DR. BACK THEN? IF SO, WHAT DID THEY SAY ABOUT THE DOCTORS
DIAGNOSIS, "THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG" WITH YOU? I CAN'T SAY WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOU. I KNOW THAT  HEMORRHOIDS CAN BE VISIBLE (ON THE OUTSIDE) OR ON THE INSIDE WHERE YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SEE THEM OR KNOW YOU HAVE THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE BLEEDING AND GO TO THE DOCTOR. HEMORRHOIDS DO NOT   BLEED ALL THE TIME SO IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOU COULD HAVE HAD HEMORRHOIDS WAY BACK THEN. I HOPE YOU WILL BE GOING TO A BETTER DOCTOR THIS TIME (DID YOU RESEARCH THIS ONE)? I HOPE THEY LISTEN TO YOU THIS TIME. GOOD LUCK. PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW THINGS GO, BEST WISHES.  
Thank you so much for your concern. And yes, i went to the doctor three times. They all said the same thing, there was no blood in the test so it was nothing they could do. However, the last doctor i had gone to told me if it continues to come back because it could be something else. But i have a n appointment coming up soon, i pray that it's not too serious and that i didn't wait too late.