Gastroenterology Community
Blood On toilet paper when I wipe!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Blood On toilet paper when I wipe!

For about a week I have wiped and seen bright red blood on my toilet paper. I looked in the mirror and I saw like a little cut on the lining of anus, the part that you can see if you spread your cheeks. What could this be? I'm 18 and really scared right now! Please comment
It looks almost like a little gash on my anus.

It sounds as if you have a small anal fissure which is not a serious matter - but possibly worth seeking medical advice if it persists.

regards
Morecambe
How does that even happen? I am really scared right now because I looked it up and the first thing that came up was anus cancer!
i've had the same thing happen to me, no blood in my feces but when i wipe there is pure red blood. seems to happen to me when i take tylenol or something like that, it scares me too; i hope i dont have some kind of anal cancer.
as long as the blood is brght red and not almost black it is external blood. If you had a large BM or have been going to the bathroom more often than usual  you may have just a small fissure or ittitated it. I have had that happen to myself. If it continues or gets worse see your doctor to ease your mind and double check.