Blood from anus, itchy, uncomfortable feeling throughout groin region
hi,
this has all been going on for a couple of years now.  been to a couple of doctors but symptoms have been so vague most of the time.  was once told that it might be prostatitis, went through a treatment for that, didn't work, so that doc told me he doesn't know what to tell me.  another doc said it is probably hemmeroids... i wasn't really convinced but he is the doctor.  was a little discouraged after that, figured if its just hemmeroids i'll live... but anyway it has now gotten a lot worse, there also seems to be a clear liquid on the toilet paper along with the blood.  sometimes the blood is heavy.  its bright red.  also a new symptom has emerged... my right leg seems to be going numb and getting progressively worse.  I've got a doctor's appointment scheduled for a few weeks but i'd love to have some idea of what to tell him, as the last few tries have yielded no success.  please help! thanks.

Hemorrhoids can be felt - you'd knew if you were having them. Mucus and blood both go with hemorrhoids, but how old are you? After 50, colorectal cancer is the first thought with your symptoms (colonoscopy needed).

Inflammation in rectal area from Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis is also possible, this would go with other symptoms, nausea, diarrhea...
I'm 25.
At 25, cancer is not likely.
Even if there are "only" hemorrhoids" they cause enough problems to be treated.
Ask for colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy.
thanks, will do
one other question - is this something my regular doctor can do, or is he going to have to refer me to someone?  just wondering... this pain is making life very difficult and i'm just hoping to get it resolved ASAP...
Your personal doctor can make a rectal examination. But treatment, if necessary will be performed by a gastro surgeon - on the outpatient basis. You don't even need to stay in the hospital before or after the procedure.
I would get a colonoscopy, this way you will find out if there is anything else causing that bleeding. I don't think the leg numbing has anything to do with that. Do you have any back problems? Spinal problems can cause leg numbness.

Good luck!

I think the leg thing is related.  There's one spot on my leg, upper inner thigh, close enough to all of the other problems, that is somewhat bruised and swollen.  when the rectal bleeding is present, if I press toilet paper up against the bleeding, the irritation in the leg gets worse... and vice-versa.  It is difficult to explain, but it feels like the pain, whatever it is, goes down from the rectum, to the groin area, to the thigh, then the rest of the leg...and it's all the same sort of itchy pain.  I've never had any back problems - or any health problems at all - until all of this started.  Anyway I will bring these recommendations up with my doctor.  the appointment is still almost 2 weeks away, and it feels like an eternity!  I really appreciate all your help, thanks.  
OK well if anyone is still reading this thread (and i thank all of you who have)  I just wanted to give an update.  I want to my new primary care physician a few weeks and told him what was going on.  He seems like a really good doc, diagnosed me with anal fissures and referred me to a colorectal surgeon.  He also said the leg/groin numbness is probably related to that.  Went to the surgeon yesterday, he said that the other doc was right, there are 2 fissures.  Before he goes to surgery he wanted me to try a regimen of metamucil 3 times a day, drinking plenty of water, exercise, and also gave me a prescription cream.  He said that should work, but if not I go back in 4-6 weeks for surgery.  I'm still a little concerned about the numbness, as the surgeon said he isn't sure what could be causing that, but it could be muscle spasms related to the fissures.  I hope so at least because that is just as worrying as everything else is.  My stress level has gone down though, I'm in good hands... this surgeon was rated the #1 in his field in the metro area 3 years in a row; and my wife is being very supportive.   I'm still convinced the numbness is related to the fissures, because it is mainly on the right side, which is also where the fissures are.  But I'm still worried about that.  If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it, but if not I will continue to pursue this with the doc until it's figured out.  all of this pain has really made my life difficult but for once i think i am on a path to recovery.