Gastroenterology Community
Blood in Stool, hardly any pain.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Blood in Stool, hardly any pain.

I am an 18 year old female. About 2 weeks ago I was quite ill. Whenever I ate or drank anything (including water and indigestion or anti-acid medicine) within seconds of entering my stomach it would burn. It got worse the next day and I couldn't eat or drink without throwing up. When I inspected my vomit it had what appeared to be dark red blood in it, not sure though.
All the symptoms ended 2 days later, but the pain briefly moved from my stomach to cramps in my lower abdomen, I had mild diarrhoea with bits of mucus that contained red blood. After that pain passed and I didn't really look at my stool until yesterday when the water in the toilet had turned red and had spots of blood on TP, upon inspeaction found blood in my stool, was not in one area bits and little strands in mucus all over. I have no pain in my stomach and hardly any pain in my lower abdomen, if i do it is mild and lasts a few seconds.
Not sure if the two incidents are related but the blood is the same red colour, and bits of mucus are present.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, will keep posted on what happens for anyone with similar symptoms.

Thank you*  
Rectal bleeding and/or blood in vomit is not normal and should be medically investigated.  You may wish to seek the advice of a G.I. specialist if your GP is unable to arrive at a firm and definite diagnosis.

Probably the most comprehensive tests are endoscopy and colonoscopy which can both be carried out at the same time and under common sedartion.

If you google rectal bleeding and blood in vomit you can learn more so that you are better prepared for your consultation.

regards
Morecambe