Gastroenterology Community
Blood in faeces

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Blood in faeces

I thought it worth checking out- when I went to the toilet a few days ago, there was some blood at the end of the faeces. On 2 out of 3 occasions since then, there has been a very small smear of of birght red blood on the last bit of faeces when I go to the toilet. I don't feel ill or in any pain or discomfort. Im unsure f I overstrained when I first went the toilet and caused some damage as I had to intially wait to use the toilet as I was away from home. I am a 22yr old female with no known medical problems and have never had this before. Is this something I should be concerned with? Or something I should monitor and see if it worsens, stays the same or disappears altogether?
Just set up your appt with a dr and talk to them. I am 33 been having it for almost 2 years now and have been so frightened about going but I am setting my appt today.. Don't wait just get it checked.. Good luck.
At your age, it's probably hemorrhoids, especially if it's bright red blood.  But any blood in the stool should be checked out.  Fortunately, if you don't wait you can head off something that could become serious if left alone.  If you are straining to have a BM, I'm sure it's hemorrhoids, but get it checked out just to be on the safe side.