Blood in soft stool-Fresh No Haemarhoids
Hi everyone,
I am a 23 year old female, and reasonably fit. I had a bowel movement recently and was concerned about the amount and the brightness of it. The stool was wide but soft and it hurt passing. I believe I have slight IBS as my movements aren't regular and I never feel finished, often i get cramping when my tummy "grumbles".
No history of bowel/colon cancer in the family. Prostate in the male side, however.
Any and all answers appreciated, thank you.
A complete history, clinical examination and work up are essential for diagnosing the cause of fresh blood in stools. The common possibilities are haemorrhoids, colitis, anal fissure, polyps, diverticulosis, etc. Hemorrhoids and anal fissures are two common possibilities. It is important to get evaluated for the cause of bleeding. A   history and physical examination will determine which diagnostic tests will be most appropriate amongst anoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, or colonoscopy. Rectal bleeding is treated by determining the site and cause of the bleeding, stopping the bleeding, and preventing rebleeding.See a gastroenterologist. Keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!