Gastroenterology Community
Blood/mucous/partially white stool
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood/mucous/partially white stool

OK, heres my problem. I went to europe on vacation in july 2007 to Germany where i ate some fruits without being washed then i noticed a dead mice in a nearby plant although it wasnt from the tree where i picked my fruit. I was wondering if i caught a parasite or something becuase ever since this trip, i have had bright red stools, mucous developed later on and now im noticing the tips of my stools are white but the rest is normal brown. I have had 1 colonoscopy and 1 flexible sigmoid and they detected proctitis and some internal hemmoroids (hemorrhoids). I have been taking suppositories on and off and it only temporarly cures it. Today is my last time taking my last suppository but since i have only the tips of the stool thats are white, do you think it can be cause my the suppositories?? Although in the past it hasnt been white. Once i get off the suppositories the blood and mucous comes back. I looked up online and parasites do cause bloody stools and mucous so i wonder if this can be parasites? i have had blood tests and stool tests and no infection or bacterias came out positive. im so confused! and why is my stool white on the tip all the sudden?? is it because of an obstruction or because of mucous or suppositories that have no been absorbed properly??