Boating, Pain, Stools-not consistent
Hi.
I am (other than this issue) an extremely healthy 25 yr. female. I eat an extremely healthy diet and get a lot of exercise. At this point in my life I have very little stress, except this nagging issue.

Six weeks ago I got back to the U.S. from Guatemala. I began to have stomach aches and gurgling. This quickly turned into severe diarrhea, cramping and bloating. I went to see a doctor in PA, where I was visiting. Doctor gave me Flaygl and Cirpo which made me even more sick. I experienced all the terrible side effects of these drugs from dizziness and confusion, to diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, head aches- the full works. I took the Flagyl first- when I came off of it I felt just OK for a few days, then all my original symptoms came right back. Same with the Cipro, after it cleared my system the bloating came back and so did the watery diarrhea.

When I returned to the west coast I saw a doctor new my home who took some lab results and set me up for a return visit. To say the least- he had no idea. He lost my chart info and thought I was there as a first time patient for a physical. He had nothing to say about my illness during my return visit. When he had the lab fax the results over (blood, urine and stool) he found nothing- but when I asked he did not know what parasites/bacteria was being tested for.

I had several people recommend some things to me like raw garlic. I started eating several cloves of raw garlic a day and it dulled my diarrhea and cramping a bit. Other people recommend wormwood, black walnut, pumpkin seeds, cloves, etc. So I looked into it and decided to try a homeopathic route and take probiotics after all the harsh anitbiotics I was put on.

Now I am 6 weeks sick and the bloating, abdominal pain persists. My bowel movements are either hard/sluggish constipation to loose watery stools. I began 6 days ago ParaGone as wells as taking grapefruit seed extract and fiber for regularity- because constipation is now more prevalent.  This is a 35day minimum treatment. But I still am tired even though I can eat, and I am eating only veg and whole grains, legumes etc. as a recommendation from the parasite cleanse. I am still losing weight and the thinner I get I think my stomach gets larger. I am 5'6 between 125-130 lbs. and I look about 6/7 months pregnant.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated about what I may have, how to treat it or the next kind/specialty of a doctor to see??? Infectious disease G.I? Travel? I don't want to see another internist at this time.
Sarah, see a gastroenterologist.  This is the best type of doctor for your symptoms.  They deal with the entire digestive tract and any issues with it.  
I am having similar situation after traveling. Took Cipro and stool blood samples came back negative. Did you have an update on your situation?