Bowel Abnormality
I'm desperate for some help to establish what my problem actually is.  I am femal in mid fifties.  I have two sets of symptoms and neither I nor the medics know whether the two are connected or not.  The current thinking is IBS however I believe this is  incorrect.

Symptom 1 - Have upper abdominal pain raidiating from front to back. Lasts for about a week and subsides and returns around 3 - 4 weeks later.  Upper GI totally clear.  No medication helps  After around 12 months began recurring urinary infections requiring antibiotics (every couple of weeks at one point)  this culminated in repair for cystocyle.  During this time the pain did not reucrr.  However about 3 to 4 weeks post surgery it returned quite badly and lasted for around 9 - 10 weeks.  Was prescribed Mebeverine (anti spasmodic) with no effect.  The pain is not spasm more inflamation.  However following this my bowel has not functioned properly which brings me to the next lot of symptoms.

Symptom 2 -  Have always eaten high fibre diet and plenty of fluids and have never suffered from constipation.  Occassionally I would get a day where I would pass only one small hard marble sized piece of feces each  time I urinated this would go on for one to two days then the bowel would work normally again. Now I get this all the time or some times one or two very thin finger sized motions.  The stool seems to lie very low in the bowel ready to pass but nothing happens.  Even using laxatives/osmotics on top of my high fibre diet I have to use the maximum dose but get
very little result.

A  CT enemma and contrast imaging scan of the abdomen have come back clear.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be great.  I feel  I'm being written off by the medical profession because they can't find a fix.