Bowel Problems (Dysfunctional Bowel) Adhesions.
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help give me some Information..

When i was 2 i had emergency Surgery for Gangrene Peritonitis, (I am now 29)..
Later in life i started to have severe Bowel problems, Due to Adhesions, resulting in 2 Laparotomies to remove the Adhesions, and numerous Admissions i have been in and out of Hospital for the last 5 years with results to Bowel obstructions due to my Adhesions, I know that the more they operate the worst it will get, i have had Numerous tests, Including colonoscopy's, Baring ect... I have only today come out of Hospital again, Diagnosed with Functional Bowel Obstruction, And they are saying they think i also have a Dysfunctional Bowel.. The Colonoscopy test showed (Normal) But at least 4-5 times a Month my stomach is ectremely Bloated, and i struggle to go Toilet, Even though im on Movicol, Sodium Picosulfate, Lactlose and many other medications. My X-ray showed that i have a functional Bowel Obstruction, the Surgeon hasnt really explained what it is that is happening to me. I am sick of Constantly being Admitted into Hospital, having BG Tubes put it, getting my bowels Moving then sending me home, then a week later im back to the beginning again.My local hospital has said they are sending me to a Professor to deal with this as they dont specialize in this kind of thing.. But i have no information on what is happening to me, this is really taking over my life now, i have a young family & Wife,a nd spend most my days in Hospital, a surgeon suggested a stoma, but again i dont know how this will work. Can anyone please help me by telling me if there is anything i can do to stop this occuring often, and whats a functional Bowel Obstruction, and Dysfunctional Bowel Disease??...

P.S I am still in enormous Pain, and extremely Bloated, and feel full all the time, like i've just had a huge meal. The pain is constantly there now and im really worried.

Kind Regards

Spelling Mistake: i meant N.G Tube...
Kirkbullen, I'm not sure if anyone can tell you why this happens. But it's unfortunately a problem that many face. I don't know if you might want to consider something that is slightly 'outside' of the norm, but if you do consider checking into a modality called visceral manipulation. It's an osteopathic form of treatment that has been used successfully by a large number of individuals but it's not that well-known. It was introduced by a French gentleman and it's being taught around the world to osteopaths and PT's. Done correctly, it can be extremely effective. It will not rid you of adhesions, but it is possible to manipulate the 'length and structure' of the adhesions to provide relief. You may want to view the information provided by the Barral Institute and perhaps talk to someone who is well trained in the modality.