Bowel backup
I have suffered for three weeks with bowel backup.  Went to ER four days ago after began vomiting.  X-rays show bowels backed up but no obstruction.  Dr. said take Magnesium Citrate.  Took two bottles, four enemas, taking about six tablespoons/day of Ducolose.  Have not had any results in bowel movement except about 3:30 a.m. yesterday.  Went to M.D. yesterday and sent me for CT Scan.  Results--still significant backup and advised to continue what I'm doing.  Still hurting.  Can you help?  I'm at wits end and suffering.  Can't sleep at night for pain.

Thanks,

ljpj  

This discussion is related to Backup of bowel in the intestines.
Fortunately, I did get some relief after taking three bottles of Magnesium Citrate.  Now, I'm suffering with hernia.  Pain is worse at night in my chest but lasts only about two hours.  Not eating late, etc. to help condition.  Didn't get any comments on bowel backup.  Just hope and pray you don't experience it.  This was excruciating!!!!!

I have recently been expirencing the same thing you are, exept not as bad. But I know the pain. You could try taking some Gas-X or Beno to help relieve some of the pressure that could be caused by gas; thats what I do, it helps. Also drink tons and tons of water to held flush out all the backed up stuff, and flush you out. And try exerciseing, when you move around and work your body alot it helps to make your bowels move more frequently. Plus when you have to go you go right then and dont hold it, or it will harded and become more backed up causing more pain. Lastly try eating healthier foods that are high in fiber, it helps for easier bowel movements. Hope this helps and wish you the best of luck! :)