(Bravo PH) Danger!!! Warning on the Bravo PH 48 hour capsule test!!!
The catheter-free Bravo PH capsule Monitoring System made by Medtronic is very dangerous and it could and will cause catastrophic and permanent damage to the esophagus. My name is Chris and I have been investigating the Bravo PH 48 hour capsule. If you know of anyone that has had the Bravo PH 48 hour test and has been seriously injured and/or has taken one's life, Please contact me at ***@**** I want to hear your story. I'm gathering more information about this very dangerous and potentially deadly medical device (Bravo PH 48 hour capsule). Thank you and God Bless.

P.S. DO NOT let any Doctor, Physician or Gastroenterologist tell you that the Bravo PH 48 hour capsule is safe.
It is NOT safe.......The Bravo PH 48 hour capsule (made by Medtronic) is extremely dangerous!!!

E-mail address:  ***@****
Why does this sound like ambulance chasing???????????
It's not.
Great, then how about telling us why this test is so bad.
Chris is correct. I had this done 2006 and it was painful and still have chest pains from where the trans. was attached. Dr. are trying to pass me around like a hot potato now.
This is the real deal...I feel they should step forward and outlaw this. Seems to me it is too risky. No ambulance chasing here...

Nobrovo!

I just got the test done and I am experiencing severe chest pain, especially after eating or drinking. I have a VERY high tolerance for pain, and this is unbearable. I asked the doctor if this was normal and he said "No, but it could happen." So he gave me pain killers and they don't relieve the pain at all. I don't know what to do, I can't take the pain much longer. Am I at risk? If so, what are the risks for this procedure?
Ezem08,

Could you please email me at ***@****

Thanks, Chris

Talk to you soon.
Ezem08,

Look at my profile.....my email address is there. Thanks!
I had the bravo placed last Tuesday and it is now Sunday. I am getting severe chest spasms and it very painful to eat. I feel as though I have a very large pill stuck in my chest at all times.
My Dr. told me it will go away. I have had several endoscopys done and NEVER had this happen.
Any advice?

kim1226
are any of you people on antidepressants or anti-anxiety meds??  I am asking because I am a GI nurse and am doing a study about patients who have had the bravo and their medication history.  Thank you

There are benefits and risks to every procedure.  Each patient needs to weigh these risks and benefits for themself.

"The catheter-free Bravo PH capsule Monitoring System made by Medtronic is very dangerous and it could and will cause catastrophic and permanent damage to the esophagus."  In rare cases, it can cause damage, but it is false to say "it will" implying every patient will have damage from the test.

"P.S. DO NOT let any Doctor, Physician or Gastroenterologist tell you that the Bravo PH 48 hour capsule is safe.  It is NOT safe.......The Bravo PH 48 hour capsule (made by Medtronic) is extremely dangerous!!!"  No test is 100% safe.  Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of the procedure.  This test is not extremely dangerous and it is pretty safe.  Rarely, someone will have complications from this procedure, but this is rare.  This is very similar to people arguing that colonoscopies are very dangerous and no one should have a colonoscopy.  Colonoscopies save many lives every year, but there is a small chance of complications.  My point is that each person needs to make decisions for themselves and not just listen to the rare horror stories.
I had this Bravo ph monitoring procedure done 3 days ago I have sore throat and can not lay flat without pain.  I also have chest pain and heart burn more than ever before.  I don't take any other medication but omeprazole.  I am hoping the pain will go away.
Now you have me rethinking this whole thing. I would rather have the tube in nose. To which no harm can come and no sedation. The tube may not be as accurate, but I will wait till something better comes along. Thanks Dave