Gastroenterology Community
Breathing problem

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Breathing problem

Yes I have had most of the symptoms you all have experienced but last night while eating mashed potatoes and tender beef shreds I needed immedietely got up to quickly have a gl;*** of water to push the food down. I have experienced this especially with chicken before. When I have in the past taken the water it was successful in propelling the lump of chicken down but OooH so painful, This time however the water immedietely was expelled out of my mouth as if there was a total blockage probably due to severe spasm and could not inhale to catch my breath. I could not talk but gave the high shrill sound of total obstruction. I actually thoughtI was going to die. I had to say to myself, relax, relax and after almost 1 minute could breathe. My husband was about to do Cpr on me. I really have never been so scared and now am in fear of this happening again. I did have 2 drinks prior to dinner which has never aused any increase in problems before. Do you think there is any connection? I am about to return to my gastro but am anxious about all the tests again and misdiagnosis. I am under stress lately and feel there is a connection. Help.

This discussion is related to esophageal spasm?.