Gastroenterology Community
Bright Blue Vomit?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bright Blue Vomit?

We were on vacation this past week and my so I was with my 7 year old son every day.  I know everything that he ate.  Last night at about 3am, he started crying in his sleep.  When I tried to wake him up, he started vomitting.  I helped him to the bathroom and then I turned on the light to see what I had to clean up and to my HORROR, his vomit was bright greenish blue, but more blue than green.  It was like a bright torquiose color.  The night before he had chicken drumsticks and pasta salad and a chocolate bar.  Also the consistancy of it was like creamy sludge.  There was no food, it looked like thick paint.  During NO time on our trip did we eat anything with blue food coloring.  My husband and I stared at it in disbelief for about 15 minutes before cleaing it up.  I do not know what to think of this and I haven't talked to anyone that has expierenced anything like it.  What could turn his vomit blue?