Gastroenterology Community
Bright Red Blood in toilet.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bright Red Blood in toilet.

I have been having bright red water in the toilet bowl. I have been reading a lot of forums and it is all saying  the stool actually contains blood. In my case the entire toilet bowl water turns bright red, almost as if someone dumped red food coloring in it. It has happened a few times in the past year, but it has been persistent for the past four days or so. I am only 21, and it is worrying me. I am just wondering what it could be, or if the other forums for The stool actually being bright red is something i could follow for my situation as well?
Go to a doctor with this and request a Sigmoidoscopy (or full colonoscopy).  The fact that the blood is red means it's fresh and in the lower portion of the bowel. If it was a little blood on the tissue I'd say it was probably hemorrhoids, but they don't produce as much blood as you've described. With this much blood there's a chance that either (a) there was a ruptured diverticula (unlikely given your age) (b) something occurred which damaged that area, or (c) there are ulcers in the lower bowel region. These are not the only things that could be going on, but given your age they are 3 likely culprits. All need to be investigated.
anal fissure,thats a small cut like on the outside of your butthole(sorry!)
you can treat it yourself,,,with neosporin,,,keep it very clean down there,and dont wipe har,,,,you can go get some anti biotics too,this will help you from getting infection.
I had a bowel movement the other day and the first one was fine the second one was covered in blood it scared me a little but i was really pushing due to medicine i recently started it had made me constipated today i had another bowel first one since the bloody one and this time when i went to flush it wasnt just covered in blood the toilet water was completely bright red could i still be injured from pushing so much the other day or that much blood this time some thing i should be very concered about ? im only 24 and havnt had a problem before like this