Gastroenterology Community
Bright Yellow/Orange Stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bright Yellow/Orange Stool

For nearly 3 weeks I have had frequent diarrhea consisting of either watery bright yellow stool or semi solid orange/yellow stool, and sometimes both have mucous along with it. The first week I started experiencing symptoms I would go to the bathroom at least 5-7 times daily for the first week. My stool for the beginning of the first week I attributed to gastritis from a night of drinking with some friends. However, when my diarrhea didn't ease off the second week and presented very acidic stool (never had a bile stool in my life, burns like hell itself), I began to wonder what in the world could be the matter with me. I have no history of chronic diarrhea. Now starting the 3rd week of my diarrhea, it is not as acidic as it was, if at all. My stool is still bright yellow/orange, there is no foul smell (in order to examine my stool I smelled it on the toilet paper, and it has a sweet smell, like that of a baby's first stool). I have noticed that the foods I am eating are coming out partially digested, if at all (I made a spinach pie that usually comes out solid and greenish, but the spinach came out WHOLE this time). I tried to cut out bread, and just eat fruits and veggies, but their fibers came out partially digested, and my diarrhea still continues. I have no stomach cramps, no pain in any of my abdominal areas, I have had a little gas but nothing in excess, when my body hits either cold air or hot air my stomach immediately starts to percolate, and sometimes I'll have to go right then. Other times, sometimes, not always, when I eat something I will have to immediately have to use the bathroom 15-45 minutes later. It's like, when the food I'm eating hits my stomach, its also telling my tummy to percolate, and then release. Along with that a few of my other symptoms are: sweating (even when the room is cold) sometimes I will feel like I'm just so hot, and its just pouring off my forehead. Also, I have irritation/itchiness around my rectum. No bleeding or anything (other than my rectum being raw from acidic feces).

I haven't seen a physician yet due to lack of funds and insurance, I was hoping to get even a mild inkling of what this could be. If anyone has had any of this happen to them, please, let me know something.

I would also like to add that when my stomach feels like it "percolating" I get chill bumps over the entire course of my body (even in a hot room) until I use the bathroom. I thought it was odd because it never happened before. I have cut out diet sodas, alcohol, and acidic juices. I drink filtered water only. I think I've lost my appetite, mainly because, I really don't want to poo anymore T.T  

I have noticed however, that greasier foods make me a bit nauseous, a dull nausea, in the upper portion of my abdomen in the middle just below my sternum. The nausea does not subside, even if I take medicine or eat crackers. (I am not pregnant)

its sounds to me like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome.  I have this and i have weird colored stool its greenish browish black.   Also when I eat the food comes out undigested for instance can see the corn lol.  Regarding greasy , spicey, acidy and fried foods making you nauseous  that sounds like GERD or acid reflux .  I have that too along with  Esophogitis  irritation in esophogus due to stomach acid.  As  for being hot and sweating  in a cold room that could be hormonal changes like pre menstural syndrome or menopause.  Good luck with the forums.   As for having no health insurnace, you can thank your employer and Pesident Obama  too.  Hey that really *****.  Have you ever considered filling for SSI  (  Social  Security Income )  disabilty benefits ?  
I'm 22 years old.
I am going to look up IBS, GERD, and Esophogitis to see if any of it might be. Thanks so much for your post!
Hi ,

Even at 22 with a diagnosed condition from your personal Dr., you can file for SSI.  All thats needed then  is a approval regaring your diagnosis from a SSI Physician, who will look over your medical file.
SSI does not stand for Social Security Income, SSI is supplemental security income and is akind to welfare (not tax dollars).