Gastroenterology Community
Build up of gas in stomach ?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Build up of gas in stomach ?

Iv had this problem for 1/2 months and i thought it would just go away, but it hasnt so here goes;
My stomach seems to build up gas and it gets to the point were i burp, fart and have loads of gas built up so i also get bloated and when i first got it i think it would hurt slightly now there isnt pain but i am curious of what i have got and how to treat it.
cheers T
Related Discussions
It sounds like a food allergy or intolerance.  I am lactose intolerant and I get bloated and gassy after I have dairy.  I didn't start having problems until I was in my late twenties.  My doctor told me that around the age of 30, some people stop making the enzyme that digests lactose.  So basically the lactose sits in your system and ferments causing gas and bloating.  What I would recommend is to eliminate dairy and lactose products from your diet for two weeks.  (It can take about a week for the lactose to completly leave your system.)  You could also try taking the supplement Lactaid before meals.  This supplement gives your body the enzymes to digest lactose.  Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...