Gastroenterology Community
Bulge in lower right abdomen

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bulge in lower right abdomen

Just about a month ago (during my menstrual cycle), I noticed a bulge in my lower right abdomen (about 2cm above and to the right of my navel). It is hard and the bulge runs horizontally.  It isn't hard often (it comes and goes).  At times, I have pain that radiates around my lower back but that does not happen often.  I've been belching more than usual and feel bloated.  I went to my Doctor and they did an ultra sound of my organs (upper right quadrant) and all is normal.  Do  you suggest that I get a CT scan of the area to check my bowels?  My bowels are very regular (once a day).  Another thing that I noticed is a burning sensation up in my rectum (although this doesn't happen often) Any idea of what this could be?
Pain, which goes around, and bulge and belching...it sounds as a gas. In your case the gas may come both from the stomach and small intestine.

Have a breath test for H. pylori and
another test for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).

Burning sensation in the rectum...hm, regarding you have normal bowels, internal hemorrhoids sound most likely. How old are you?
Avatar n tn

Thanks for the comments.  I am 35 years old.
I'm having a similar situation along with another lady....we've discussesd it [url=http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/545212]here[/url].  I'm having another Drs appt this week so hopefully I'll know more & be able to share it with both of you.