Bulge under left rib cage - comes and goes
I have suffered from a very strange soft bulge about the size of an egg that only comes out from behind my ribcage when I bend down a certain way, for about five years. It doesn't do it often - about every two weeks but feels like an alien is moving around, and takes my breath away with the sharp pain. I now have a constant dull pain around that area. I have seen two different doctors about it, but they just think I'm making it up and don't know what it is. Any ideas? I can't sit down for longer than about an hour without it starting to hurt.
have you ever been checked for a hernia
Yes the doctor pressed all around the muscle tissue but couldn't find anything. I'm going for a third opinion in two weeks.
ok that is exactly what i feel.  I have been wanting to knw for years what it is but everytime i go in that look at me crazy n laugh they have no idea.  It feels like a snake is movin round or like theres  something kinked and its trying to unkink if that makes sence.  I can hold my hand on the bulge and feel it move so can others and sometimes that helps ease the pressure only lasts for  10 to 15 seconds but soar afterwards.  somedays i will have back to back episodes but sometimes its just once.  Please let me know if you every get and idea of what it is.  my email is brandy_rendon***@**** i'm 34 years old.  I was just checking into Diverticulits when i found your post.