Gastroenterology Community
Bump right inside my rectum?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Bump right inside my rectum?

I am a 16 year old male, and today when I was in the shower, I felt a bump right by the opening of my rectum. When I got out of the shower, I couldn't feel it anymore because it had gone back into my rectum (it's about 1/4 of an inch in). It's bluish and about the size of a pea. It is NOT sore, and I haven't noticed anything unusual with my stool, or anything unusual at all for that matter. I'm extremely nervous and worried about this, any ideas?
Tags: rectum, bump, blue, hemmoroid, anus, by anus, by, inside anus, in anus, lump
It may be a small hemorrhoid but at your age nothing serious.  See your doctor and have him check it out to give you peace of mind.