Burning Sensation in Stomach and Vomiting Sensation
I am a 29 year old Female. Few months of nowhere I started getting a burning sensation across my stomach. It felt like a warm burning sensation much like after you take a shot of alchool. It started off minor then everyday it got worse. It is bothering me because I really thought it was gone and it just stays going across my belly. On and off I feel like vomiting. I did visit my doctor 3 weeks ago and prescribe me Ciprofloxacin (3 days course) but doent not help. Frequently visiting the toilet and most of the times I have to urge to visit toilet only.  Alchool and little spicy food make it the burning 10 times worse. Any suggestions.  Tanx

sHeila
This sounds like an ulcer or GERD. Ulcers are caused by a bacteria called h. pylori or by taking a lot of NSAIDs, such as aspirin or ibuprofen. The bacteria can be eradicated by antibiotics, but a 3 day course of Ciprofloxacin is not enough.

GERD is often treated with a PPI (strong antacid) such as omeprazole.

Try not to consume spicy foods or alcohol (you probably know that by now!). Don't take any NSAIDs, they can make your symptoms worse or cause bleeding if you have an ulcer.

Ask your doctor to do a test for h. pylori. Try to get ulcers ruled out before you get an upper GI.

I hope you get better soon!