Burning Sensation in Upper Stomach
I am a 42 year old woman that is physically active and not overweight.  I do not smoke nor drink.  I have been experiencing burning sensations in my stomach for the last 2 weeks.  I have tried prilosac and that helped, a little, but within the last 2 days, the burning sensation is now consistent.  Sometimes I feel nauseous, but no vomiting and no lost of appetite. I am not belching alot.   This burning sensation occurs when my stomach is empty and when its full.  I have never had this problem before and I contacted my PC and I could not get an appointment until Monday, but until then, I am becoming concerned about this issue.  Please help me to calm my nerves by giving me some ideas as to what could possible be going on.  
Where you ever diagnosed with the burning stomach symptoms?.  I have the same symptoms and after 3 months on PPIs that weren't working went to GI specialist for an upper endoscopy.  He found Bile Reflux in my esophagus and stomach.  Currently Im on Carafte 4x/day and 1 60 mg of Kapidex (new PPI) in the a.m.  1 week on this now but not noticing much of a difference, maybe it takes time to work.  Waiting for biopsy results.
Hi.  I am having the same issues.  My doctor suspects gastritis, an ulcer, or severe acid reflux (I don't have heartburn but he said that doesn't matter).  

He has scheduled me for an abdominal ultrasound and an endoscopy.  He also put me on prilosec for the meantime.
Good luck with the ultrasound and endoscopy.  When are they?  Let us know what they find and what they give you for treatment.  My burning sensation is just now finally starting to feel a little better after one full week on the carfate 4x/day.  Hopefully it will totally go away once the perscription is finished.  It's been one week since my endoscopy.  They took biopsies, but haven't heard anything back on them.  Im assuming if it was anything serious they would have called by now.  So for now, I know i'ts BILE REFLUX per my GI doc.  Good luck with the endoscopy.  It's  breeze and the best nap you'll have in a along time  : )