Gastroenterology Community
Burning around liver area of a PSC patient

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been experiencing a burning sensation around my liver area for "a while" that comes and goes.  The best way I describe it is that funny feeling you get when you have a CT scan w/contrast except this stays with you.  It is isolated to my right side and does not radiate.  I do have primary sclerosing cholangitis and have labs drawn monthly.  My MELD score is not high enough to be presented to committee for transplant but I know that will eventually undergo that procedure and am actually looking forward to feeling "normal".  I am concerned that this burning sensation may be an infection.  Spoke with my transplant coordinator and she didn't seem concerned but I don't think that she sees very many patients with my diagnosis.  She suggested I ask my PCP, but all she says is "it is my liver".  Well isn't that just dandy!  What do I do?  Need magic wand, ASAP!!