Gastroenterology Community
Burning in stomach with severe diarrhea

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Burning in stomach with severe diarrhea

Have had stomach problems since Thursday and have seen several doctors who ran the following tests: x-ray, blood tests, urine tests, and an ultrasound no evidence of infection or anything else.....there conclusion I have severe gastritis or IBS well I have had both for years and have never had these symptoms before.  This weekend I suffered from intense burning and stabbing pains in my stomach along with severe diarhea (diarrhea) (15-20 times each day).  And if I dare ate even a piece of bread it felt like my stomach had glass in it.  I have an appt. w/a gastro. doc in 2 weeks does anyone have any advice until then.......help :(
Tags: Stomach
well they have ran the tests to rule out infection and you have an oppt. with a specialist. the only thing i could tell you if you don't already know is IBS is a type of intolerance. Do you get Migranes (migraines)? Alot of people suffer with migranes (migraines) and/or IBS because of something called thyramine intolerance which is a type of food sensativity. Google it, it may help you.
intolerance is not the same as an alergy (allergy) so its harder to pin point but you just have to avoid the foods, spices, perservatives that trigger it.