Gastroenterology Community
Burning pinching right rib pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning pinching right rib pain

In rent few weeks I have developed a pain under my right rib cage - doesn't bother me until around 4:00 pm everyday.  Sometimes if I drink a fruit juice/wine - I instantly get a pinching pain on the ride side under my rib.  After I have eaten, I may burp and it burns across the rib cage.  Does this sound like acid reflux? Gallbladder?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Anyone?  Please .
Blank
485077_tn?1222623740
hi im alan ,ive got a hiatus hernia, i currently take nexium,im no expert , but what i can tell you is when i have reflux , it hurts around my osphosicus not my right side of my ribs,but when you say it bothers you when you drink juice [i dont drink alcahol (alcohol)]i tdoes sound really similar , to answer your question about gallbladder, well im sorry i cant really the only way could find out about that is getting your doc to check you out,sorry i cant be of more help.al
Blank
hi there!
here it is.  i've had this pain for over a year & it drove me insane to the point where i thought maybe it was all in my head - all other tests came back normal.
i finally got an endoscopy done in March.  i have gastritis.  Its basically an irritation in the lining of your stomach.  my dr gave me omeprozale (which - you can get over the counter too) & after a few weeks, it was glorious!!!
i really started to notice it would bother me when i would eat pasta - because of the sauce.  Juice is very acidic - so it just may be it!
good luck -
Kelly
Blank
Thanks so much for your replies :)
Blank
VERY IMPORTANT!

Please go and get an allergy test!  I found out I have a high reaction to dairy, eggs, goats milk and almonds.  I completely went dairy/egg/almond free (has been 2 months) and I can't believe how good I feel.  My pain under/near my right rib cage is gone.  The burning sensation is gone.  I also had issues with my bowels - diahreah every morning - really bad and now that is all gone as well.  I have read there are so many people with intestinal problems (IBS) and they can never figure out why.  So please everyone - go and get an Allergy test done.  

Good luck :)
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity