Gastroenterology Community
Burning sensation, abdominal pain, upset stomach. Help?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Exactly 1 week ago I had an upset stomach and a fever, I took some imodium (immodium) as I was at work and had to get home. I slept for the rest of the day but still felt dreadful the following day and slept most of that also. I had excessive wind and abdominal and lower back pain, also a sensation that felt like light period pains, but figured this was just due to the upset and went back to work a few days later.

After work on the saturday I felt like my stomach was eating itself inside out, took some rennie and drank some peppermint tea which seamed to calm it. But the pain continued the following day, I called the doctors and they took a urine sample, they said I had too much protein in my urine and sent the sample off to labs.

Today however I have woken with sharp pains between my lower ribs and bellybutton which travels around to my back and keeps switching sides, my stomach is tender to touch and I have a burning sensation around and under by naval. I'm in quite a lot of pain and have work tomorrow, does anyone have any idea what this is and any ideas to calm it until the test results come back? Thank you so much it would be a great help.
Avatar n tn
     The tender stomach, burning, excessive wind and even the wrap-around back pain could possibly be heartburn. You can try sipping some aloe vera juice from the health food store. It has a soothing, coating property. If you are still bloated/gassy, try activated charcoal capsules, but don't take them with medication or anything else that you don't want to soak up, as they will act like a sponge in your tummy.