Burning throat and choking attacks
For the past couple of weeks, i have been waking up to choking attacks, where my throat tickles and it last for about a good few minutes. then lately i have been having a burning sensation in my throat, it feels like acid and it last for about 10 minutes and is really painful. What can be causing this?
For the past couple of weeks, i have been waking up to choking attacks, where my throat tickles and it last for about a good few minutes. then lately i have been having a burning sensation in my throat, it feels like acid and it last for about 10 minutes and is really painful. Also i have been having a bitter taste in my mouth and it seems like thats the only smell i am smelling. What can be causing this?
Sounds like acid reflux, which can cause nighttime choking attacks.  Everything you've described sounds pretty classic.  Most would say try not to eat or drink anything for at least several hour before going to bed and, if you can, find some way to elevate the head of your bed.  Laying down flat makes the reflux worse.  And of course see a doctor for it when you have the chance.  Doc may be able to suggest/prescribe things that will calm the stomach acid or help more quickly empty your stomach of it's contents.    
I have experienced the same problems and have choked on the acid and woke my husband out of his sleep because I couldn't breathe. It was scarey, I have actually found a fast relief if I can catch it ontime without having to take ant acids. If I can feel it happening what I do is make some chamomile tea. I make it really strong and after a few sips the acid goes back down and all is well. I buy the loose tea, use about four teaspoons of it, steep for ten minutes and there ya go. Its been a life saver. I don't go anywhere without my tea. you can use tea bags but do not use chamomile flavored it does not work. I hope this helps someone I know it sure helped me.
I've had gerds for sometime now , lately been drooling ALLOT at night ,and waking up choking on my own vomit !!! No fun at all ... had scope bout month ago , throat burning every since the procedure ! Can not eat anything at all !  Really ***** !