Gastroenterology Community
Burping & Belching

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Burping & Belching

I am very grateful for all of the comments on the above question.  I found this after suffering through nausea and air in my stomach and constant belching.  I decided to fast for 24 hours.  I did so, and it seemed to really help.  I mean, I couldn't feel my hunger anyway, amidst all the gasses that were built up in my stomach.  Then I started to keep a food diary.  I realized that I am sensitive to Milk and Butter.  Lactose, mainly.  I can handle it in cheese, thankfully, but butter and milk make the symptoms start again.  I also noticed that the more I have, the worse my symptoms.  For instance, if I drink 2 glasses of milk, it is really severe, whereas if I had a Tbsp of milk based salad dressing, the symptoms are less severe.
I also got some digestive enzymes, I would take Super Digestaway when I started to burp, which usually would occur within 10 minutes of eating the offending food.  That would help my stomach, but I noticed that it would not help in my intestines and so I would still feel pressure from gas in my bowels, even though nothing was coming out.  I even tried Lactase enzyme, and that worked similarly.  It helped in my stomach, but not in my bowels, so I have cut milk and butter from my diet.
I feel great!  I am so happy to have solved the burping problem!  I hope this may help someone else out there.  Thanks to all the other people who posted and gave me great ideas to fast- it really helped my body start fresh again and then to keep a food diary.

This discussion is related to constant belching...gerd causing aerophagia?.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I'm glad you found a solution to your problem!