Gastroenterology Community
CA-19-9 TEST

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

CA-19-9 TEST

My mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, had a surgery, then 2 monthes of chemo followed by radiation along with Xeloda. Her CA-19-9 before radiation was  ~300 (3000 before the surgery), however a month later after the radiation it was measured to be 1100. Her CT scan though is clean. Does this result mean that her tumor is still present and is growing or could this high number be a result of inflammation after the radiation treatment?
I am really sorry to hear that you and your mother have been through this.

I would suggest that you ring the people treating your mother and ask them for a detailed explanation regarding the results that she has recently had. I would suggest that this would be the best way forward for you. The people treating you mum know her history and what is going on with her body, and due to that, they will be able to advise her correctly.

I wish your family all the best for the future and I really do hope that your mum makes a speedy recovery.

God Bless.