Gastroenterology Community
C.Diff Help! Permanent damage?? I am in so much pain!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

C.Diff Help! Permanent damage?? I am in so much pain!

My story is a long one, so to make it short....I was in the hospital for a kidney infection.  I was on high dose antibiotics for two weeks.  Now, the doctors think I have C.Diff.  I have had diarrhea for about a month now...bad diarrhea!  I am concerned about the damage that it can be doing to my body?  I tried Metonidazole and it made me so sick.  So, my doc just gave me Vancocin.  Hopefully this will work, but I have been ill for about a month already through all the testing and follow up with my kidney infection.  I even gave a stool sample and came back negative for C.Diff.  Plus, I am in so much pain but the doctors dont want me to take pain meds for this.  Does anyone know what kind of damage, if any, can be caused by C.Diff??  Permanent damage?  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had a CDiff infection also when I had perforated colon (diverticulits). Flagyl made me violently ill and I was given Vanco with Zofran for the nausea. It cleared up and I've have no problem related to that since.
Blank
Thanks for the response!  Did the C.Diff cause your colon problem?  I have read a few stories of people having intestinal damage from C. Diff.  I also got so ill on Flagyl!  It was awful!  I just started the Vanco today, and I am hoping the side effects arent as bad!  You say you had nausea with the Vanco?  How bad?
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979