CEA marker
My results from my most recent CEA is 43.6--from a previous 31.8---doctors at M. D. Anderson have conducted PET scans, CAT scans and vitural colonoscopy and the results indicated no tumors--one year ago, I had stomach cancer and a complete stomach removal was performed----I feel good---at the time of the last CEA, my ankle was sprained, swollen and inflamed--can this cause a rise in my CEA marker?  I'm currently taking anti-inflamatory med  Your thoughts?

This discussion is related to CEA tumor marker.
I had a blood test in October last year and my CEA marker was 6.2 (normal being 5.1) last week (March 09) I had another blood test to check again at the doctors advise and it was 7.2. Is this a high level - the doctor has said that it can vary from people to people but has still advised me to have a colon scope to check for a tumor - I also have rather bad acid reflux for a number of years could this be affecting the marker?
I am 33 and am concerned about the CEA marker rising - should I be?