Aa
A
A
Close
CT Scan with Contrast; Gastric Wall Thickening
I've had abdominal pain for over 8 months.  On August 09, I had a CT scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast that was unremarkable.  This test was repeated three days ago.  The findings say "No acute intra-abdominal disease identified.  Unchanged exam cmopared to 08/11/09"
However, in the description of the hollow organs it says :"The stomach is decompressed and demonstrates thickening of the gastric wall, likely related".  
On August 09, it said "The stomach is within normal limits".
I asked my gastro and she said, that's not significant.  It shows thickening because you were fasting.  IBS is causing your symptoms.  I left the office questioning her statement but didn't think of it until I got home.  What bothers me most now is the two words following the description LIKELY RELATED.  Likely sounds like "it should be" but no definetely.  It seems such a vague statement when I have had pain for 8 months.  
Is this thickening a serious condition that I should be concerned about?  Thank you.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I came across your post. I had my ct done a month ago, it also said that thickend distal esophegal wall and gastric wall. I am also having abdominal pain. I wonder if you found what it means if the gastric wall is thickend? thanks and regards. -Ravi
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources