Calcified Granuloma in Liver and gallstones?
Recently I had an abdomen ultrasound, findings were "Incidentally noted a small calcification in the liver most likely remote granuloma.  Also several mobile nonshadowing gallstones.  There are no changes of cholecystitis."  The rest of the report findings was, "The liver and bile duct appear normal. The pancreas is well imaged and shows no abnormalities.  The kidneys are normal in size and contour and show no calculi or hydronephrosis.  The spleen is normal in size and echo texture.  The abdominal aorta is of normal uniform caliber."  My question is "Should I be worried about this small calcified granuloma?  What is mobile non shadowing gallstones?  Do they need treatment.  I've not found much on the internet about granulomas, like how long does it take to calcify or what causes them.  Also I just finished a year long Hepatitis C treatment and remained healthy the entire treatment.  Was able to continue working and did not need rescue drugs.  Cleared virus 2 months.  Could this be from the Hep C?  By the way I did find a swollen submandibular gland in my neck 3 months ago.  ENT said possibly from Sinus infection but have not treated yet for that.  Also just had cone biopsy for severe endocervix dysplasia.  Just want to cover all bases in case any of these could be the cause.  I am not feverish, no night sweats either."  Thanks for your response.
Hi.  I have a calcified granuloma in my left lung.  I had Valley fever 3 years ago and that is what it is from.  When they first discovered, the nodule had not calcified.  I had a CT done as I had colon surgery 7 months ago.  So, sometime in the last 3 years it calcifed.  My knowledge of granulomas is that they are benign and should not cause a prob but I don't know about the liver.  Calcification is good as it is the body's reaction to cause that, I guess as a protection.  Google granulomas for more info.  Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply.  I worry about the granuloma because of my Hep C.  I am scared to death both the granuloma and the gallstones are indicative of cirrhosis.  I never had a biopsy done because ultrasounds and bloodwork were fine prior to treating and I just wanted to get the treatment over. I guess I'm so worried because I do so much reading on the internet and it's not usually good.  Anyway thanks again, I hope all is well with you.  Did you have colon cancer?  My dad had that and is doing fine now.
Hi.  No, my surgery was the result of multiple episodes of diverticulits that scarred my sigmoid colon to the point that my colon was starting to stricture.  
Najeeb
Recently i had an abdomen ultrasound as i had been suffering from a pricking iching/pain in the left side below the stomach sometimes.test said my kidney left is having a calcification of size 6mm-may be from an old granuloma.follow up scan is advised.Other organs seen ok except proper visibility of pancreas-(its texture normal). What should I do should go for CT scan?
Dear Doctor,
While doing scan I was diagnosed with 7mm of calcified granuloma in segment VI in the right lobe of liver and non-specific fibrosis in the posterior side of left lobe lung. Kindly let me know on the same  
regards
Arun