Gastroenterology Community
Can H Pylori cause severe B12 deficiency

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

if left untreated? Can the B12 deficiency develop Pernicious Anemia?
hi my boyfriend is going thru the same thing..im too looking for answers x
Hi, well, in fact I've found a lot of sources which state that B12 deficiency can be caused by H Pylori. I'm currently being treated for both things, and my B12 level before the treatment was only 12 pg/ml. I've been checked for malabsorption syndrome, pernicious anemia, etc and all came back negative. They only found that my gastritis was caused by H Pylori.

If you want to read further just google "H Pylori B12 deficiency"
hi..to be honest i have googled to my hearts content with my boyfriends problems..yet keep hitting a brick wall...
he is on thiamine..as well as all b12 tablets and vitamins...he has to have another camera on the 23 of this month..they seem to be keeping a close eye on him...
and if im totally honest with you...when you mentioned to me to google..i have done nothing but..all of which he doesnt know i may add..he is so old fashioned and stupid in a sense.. in the 8 and a half yrs we have been together he has never been the doctors..until recently..obviously,only because he was really ill and had to....AND...here i am talking about it now...only because he has gone to bed and hasnt got a clue how much im searching and looking into this.....i have come across beriberi...im still searching for answers..but have u heard of this?
Hi, well, all I know is that beriberi is caused by lack of B1 (thiamine), but why do you think of beriberi? What symptoms does your boyfriend have?