Gastroenterology Community
Can c diff cause long term stomach problems ?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had cdiff 3 months ago after being treated for inflamation (inflammation) of the gallbladder , I was treated with antibiotics and had to stay in hospital for 10 days , after a couple of weeks my symptoms started to improve and i felt fine for 2-3 weeks , since then i have had continuous stomach ache on and off diorreah , i have had a colonoscopy and an gastroscopy which have been normal but still i have on going pain and irregular bowel movements at least 4 times a week , does anyon have any idea what s wrong with me , i never had this problem before i had c diff , will i ever be ok again ? this continued daily problem is taking over my life , please help .
Did they give you a diet to use and a list of foods that aggrevate Gall Bladder problems,if you put gall bladder into your search engine it will give you a list of foods to eat and ones to avoid,dont eat in the evening ,avoid Dairy and wheat and there are other very good and helpful ideas out there , the Natural Remedys are good.and work.
The antibiotics that were used to kill of the C. diff may have skewed your normal bacteria quite a bit and it's possible that could be causing at least part of the problem. Get some probiotics and take them to try to offset the problem. A decent brand to try after the types of drugs you were on include Culturelle, Digestive Advantage-IBS and FloraQ. FloraStor is another good one, but some people don't seem to do well on it.