Gastroenterology Community
Can gallbladder dyskinesia be fixed without surgery?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can gallbladder dyskinesia be fixed without surgery?

I found out yesterday from my doctor that my gallbladder ejection fraction is 13%(thats what the HIDA scan said).  I have had real bad nausa and dry-heaving spells after everytime I eat or drink alcohol (even 2 sips of it and I want to vomit).  I have pain in my right abdomn, right below my rib cage.  I don't actually ever throw up, or haveing anything come up.  I just feel like complete crap after I eat, no matter what it is.  Not to metion, I LOVE FOOD from pizza to hot wings to my mom's chicken and brocollii casserole.  I can't enjoy food anymore, I dread the thought of eating because I know how I'm going to feel afterwards.  I am a healthy 21 year old and would like to enjoy going out with my friends and having a drink every now and again.

Needless to say, my family doctor is suggesting I see a general surgeon to get it removed.  My mom wants me to get a second opinion and see a gasterlogist.  I have an appointment with both next week.  

What I would like to know is if it is possible if I change my diet, if I can get my ejection fraction rate back to where it should be, or should I just get my gallbladder removed.