Gastroenterology Community
Can itching and pain inside the body be caused by your liver?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hello Dr Thomas Schiano, A very nice man gave me your name and advice,its my mom she is 61 yrs old she has this itching and pain inside her body, its in her stomache, armpits spine chest, it travels inside I have tried everything i took her to allergist, accupucture, uroligists, neorolgist,pain management,cirrculation every medication counceling therapy, cat scans over and over at hospitals she had pet scan about 3 yrs ago, she is at the emergency rm all the time its just me and my dad he works 6 days a week i have 2 small kids its very hard  , she is always dizzy,nause, feels like passing out lays in bed all day long does nothing she is like a vegetable i had found her 3 times not responding had to call 911 i need some help i dont know what this could be i know every time she is at the hospital she has a kidney infection it never goes away, I know hackensack hospital is supposed to be a very good hospital in new jersey but they cant do anything there she is there all the time. Can you please suggest or help me some how or suggest a liver doc here in jersey i wouldnt even know how i would get her to see you thats how bad she is she doesnt even move.A young man gave me his advice and told me to look into her liver carefully,Do you think this could be from her liver causing this? Please dr if you can help me  i really appreciate it thank you so much thank you from the bottom of my heart. ALWAYSWITHME.
it would be extremely unusual for the itching to this severe without having a readily apparant liver problem.  My colleague nancy bach is an expert in cholestatic liver diseases and sees patients in monmouth and englewood and is wonderful.  You can call 212 2410034 to make an appointment with her. dr nora bergasa is one of the leading experts in pruritus in the world and is at metroplitan hospital here in NYC.
Thank you for your help So you suggest that my mom gets her liver checked did you mean englewood hospital new Jersey, I will give the doctor a call Nancy Bach.and see what she says Thankyou so much for taking time to help me I really appreciate it maybe there is hope for my mom. Thankyou Alwayswithme.
Dr.Thomas Schiano,I called the doc Nancy Bach but i have to wait till may 20th  in jersey ,I found my mom a mess again had to rush her to the emergency rm again in hackensack,nj she has been vomiting for 1/12 days I tried asking for the doc but get no answers she is at the emergency now they keep doing the same thing over and over I tried to contact you by phone but i couldnt get you i wanted to speak to you i dont have alot of time with my mom i dont know how long she can last of what ever this is Im trying to find some one now to check her liver im trying to wait for may 20th but she cant she is so bad I need you to please some how and guide me the right way im lost i dont know whayt to do.Thankyou doctor.Alwayswithme. Please help me.......
Hi dr I know that you are a very busy dr but my mom is now in the hospital in nj, i wanted to speak to you I left my nunber with your staff please contact me Thankyou so much Dr,